We’re a small team of public relations and political communications strategists who help respected corporate, industry, non-partisan and conservative political partners tell their stories to policymakers, the press and the public.
Consensus Communications is seeking a full-time Communications and Media Coordinator to help create and execute digital and other new media strategies, create email campaigns, oversee design, manage budgets, and oversee social and digital operations for clients and campaigns. Prior experience in one or more of the aforementioned areas is welcome, but not necessary—we will provide you with the necessary training.
This position is well-suited for those with a degree in Communications, Political Science, Journalism, English, or a similar field of study. It favors those who can be flexible. Candidates must be able to manage multiple projects / tasks simultaneously, learn quickly, speak confidently, be highly attentive to detail and possess strong project management abilities. The ideal candidate is someone who has a desire to learn and grow professionally, and is seeking a career in political and corporate communications.
This position is best suited for a candidate with up to 3 years of experience. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k w/ employer contribution, flexible vacation days.
- Help execute digital advertising campaigns for nonprofits, corporate clients and Republican political candidates.
- Plan and place advertisements on platforms that include, but not limited to: Google Ads Suite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Over The Top (OTT), El Toro, and other digital platforms as needed.
- Plan, develop and implement social media strategies for client related projects. This includes, but is not limited to, creative design management, monitoring comments and replies on social media, developing and placing digital ads and scoping new programs on behalf of clients.
- Manage email and Slack communications with team members.
- Creating budgeting spreadsheets that track digital spend, project costs, and client budgets.
- Maintaining email lists and sending email content using Mailchimp.
- Assisting our in-house production team in day-to-day operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, a presentation tool (like PowerPoint), and email (like Outlook) required.
- Willingness to learn social and digital media management, planning and placement.
- A sense of professionalism, pride in your work, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Dan@onmessage.com.