Account Managers, Senior Account Managers and Principals
Consensus is a dynamic and growing company that is always seeking new talent. While most of us have been here for many years, we are always interested in speaking with talented professionals looking to expand their horizons and join our team. From time to time, we have full-time staff openings and we often utilize freelance specialists for projects on a case by case basis.
Please forward resumes to Principal Dana Loncar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those Inquires with a cover letter, resume and several writing samples will be considered the most serious.
Our diverse client portfolio allows students to gain experience in multiple industries while focusing on media relations, community relations, government relations, issues management and other fundamental components of public relations and integrated marketing communications.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Research media, sponsorship, and business development opportunities for clients and potential clients
- Research and compile targeted media lists
- Write press releases and related materials such as bios and fact sheets
- Provide writing assistance for marketing materials such as blogs, web sites, direct mail pieces, etc.
- Implement social media strategies
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of press releases and other materials
- Provide event coordination assistance
- Attend client meetings
- Assist in the preparation of presentation and pitch materials
- Other duties as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Creative, results-oriented, and self-motivated
- Excellent writing ability
- Knowledge of social media
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- MAC applications (Keynote)
- Social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, HootSuite, etc.)
- Bonus: WordPress, Joomla, PhotoShop, LexisNexis, Vocus
Useful classes and background:
- Public relations writing
- Journalism classes
- Previous internships
- Able to work a minimum of three days per week and five to six hours per day
- Willingness to learn and a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Interns will have an opportunity to attend monthly PRSA, FPRA and other local community association meetings and socials such as Chamber events and Orlando Business Journal Regional Updates and Power Breakfasts.
To be considered for an internship, submit a resume and 1-2 writing samples to Dana Loncar at email@example.com.
All applicants are required to take a writing test.
Please note, this is an unpaid internship.